Ambrosia features Phillip Roberts

Continuing with the Ambrosia spotlight we have Philip, who lives near my old hometown. Phillip Matthew Roberts is a 44 year old writer who resides in Lexington, Kentucky. When he isn't working on poetry or stories he relishes a night out at the movies followed by great food among good friends at one of his favorite restaurants. His work can be found in the soon-to-be released Ambrosia poetry anthology, and on Facebook





On a cold day: coffee, tea, cocoa or something a bit stronger, and why?

On a cold day I'd most likely settle on something a bit stronger. A shot of aged, single malt Scotch, preferably an 18 year old belt of Glenlivet. I'd also be tempted by Cointreau or a lovely sip of Chartreuse. Should also add that I prefer these drinks served neat and at room temperature so I may relish the full taste of these aperitifs.

Who inspires your writing?

Who inspires my writing? I'd suggest the library as being by far my favorite mistress. Borrowing an apropos quote from Jorge Luis Borges, "I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." From my earliest memories it would seem I've been attracted, drawn toward these sanctuaries--bastions of thought and revery. Getting lost in the stacks or wandering aisles I embrace those masters who've come before, and it humbles my audacious ambitions; puts my desires in a proper perspective as I pursue my fiction and poetry on the page.


Who is your favorite author?
My favorite author today would be Jorge Luis Borges.

What one person from history would you like to meet and why?

If I could meet one person from history I'd daringly suggest, Judas Iscariot simply to ask what compelled you?

What is one great lesson you have learned as a writer?

One great lesson I've learned as a writer is: keep everything you've written, no matter how good or bad it may seem because any effort can be revisited and revised.

And of course, since he’s in Kentucky I had to ask him.
When you eat hot browns, what’s your favorite meats to put on it? And have you ever had potato candy?

If and when I dine on hot browns, I'm typically drunk enough not to worry or concern myself with what has gone into the makings of this famous Kentucky entree. As for potato candy? I think maybe during the Christmas holiday from my childhood but not since.

So maybe not everyone is as enamored with them as I am. Ah well.

And again, the book is Ambrosia. Delight in the nectar of the gods. Feed your mind with Ambrosia. Whispers to the gods are like honey from a poet's lips. When several poets raise their voices together, it's a sacred feast of memories and dreams. Poetry is divine food for the soul, full of emotional and celestial feeling. Join us in our longing, our pain and passion, heartache, logic and insanity, fear, faith, confusion, hope, unity, solitude, daily life, political strife, and more.





From the creative minds of Eric Keizer, A.L. Mabry, Sam DeLoach, Alyssa Trivett, Mello Sakia, Stacy Overby, Phillip Matthew Roberts, Veronica Falletta and Stephanie Ayers.




Pre-orders are available at $2.99 until September 15th, then the price will go up to $4.99 All royalties go to support the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention https://afsp.org/




Preorder on Smashwords
Preorder on Amazon

Comments

Post a Comment