Suzy Vadori

Ok, this is embarrassing. I was so excited to read The West Woods and then talk about it with Heidi Angell on our new podcast that I never noticed that the interview I did with Suzy didn't post. So feel free to laugh at me and here is the interview, finally.



Hello, how are you today? Tell us about yourself.

I’m a Young Adult romance author. My current series is The Fountain Series, published by Evil Alter Ego Press, which includes The Fountain (Aurora Award Finalist – 2016), and The West Woods, releasing September 22, 2017. Book three in the series is also well underway.
I’m a mom of three and live a busy life. I love writing, and I love interacting with readers!

What is the current book you are promoting? 
The West Woods is coming out September 22, 2017. It’s a prequel to the first book in the series, The Fountain. The West Woods was really fun to write. In The Fountain, Ava is the main character, and she inadvertently wishes a girl named Courtney away. When her wish comes true, the whole world turns upside down and she finds herself facing some tough choices to try to make it right.

The West Woods is a prequel to The Fountain, and takes place the year before. It’s written from Courtney’s point of view. It was amazing to be able to explore the world through Courtney’s eyes, and redeem her behavior a little from how she appears in The Fountain. I like Courtney a lot more after writing this book.

Who is your least favorite character and why? 
Readers often ask about the founder of St. Augustus, Isaac Young. I’ve been asked to write his story as a short story more than once. And I’ve written lots on him. But his story refuses to be told. But I’ve never felt comfortable revealing too much to the readers about Isaac Young. So I haven’t.

Ack! Heidi and I said the same thing. We wanted to know more about Isaac and his family. What inspired this book?
The West Woods was inspired by the curiosity of The Fountain’s readers. This book lets some of the secrets out.

Tell us about your world in your book.
The Fountain takes place at a fictional boarding school in New England, called St. Augustus. The school isn’t for wizards or creatures, it’s just a normal school - except that it’s steeped in magic. The magic is designed to help the students, but they aren’t always equipped to handle the power they’ve been handed and have to find out about the magic of the school and sometimes the history of their own families to piece it all together.

What is your next project? 
Book 3 of The Fountain Series is well underway and is planned to release late 2018. I’m also crafting a new fantasy series for upper YA that I can’t wait to share more details about. 

This makes me very happy. Are you a pantser or a plotter or both?
I’m definitely a hybrid. I plot to begin with, but then I “pants” my way through the completion of the words. By that, I mean that I don’t always write the scenes in order. It creates a bit of a mess to piece together, and more rewrite than I’d care to admit, but it’s my creative process and I love every minute of it. The end result is totally worth it.

How do you write your books? 
I carry the stories around with me while I go about my day-to-day. When I do get the chance to sit down to write, it’s all right there at my fingertips, ready to spill out onto the page.

What is one life lesson you have learned as an author?
I’ve had to learn to get thicker skin. The Fountain Series had its share of rejections before finding its home with Evil Alter Ego Press, but that’s part of being an author, and I’m glad I didn’t give up.

What do you love about being an author?
It’s an exciting time to be an author. The publishing world is changing faster than any of us can keep up with. Figuring out the changing tides and consulting with the author community has kept me busy, and I love every minute of it. 

What is your favorite genre to read?
I love historical fiction, as well as anything geared at teens. Unfortunately, I don’t enjoy researching, so writing historical fiction isn’t in the cards, at least not at this time. 

What do you listen to when you write?
I almost never listen to music while I write. I have to admit I sometimes watch TV. I watched an awful lot of Gilmore Girls while drafting The West Woods. All the seasons! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Is there anything you want to say to your fans?
Thank you to all the readers out there! You’re the reason I write, and it’s your feedback that keeps me going. Keep reading!

Obviously I am now a fan as well so I am eagerly awaiting the next book in this series.
Facebook

Twitter
The latest Tweets from suzy vadori (@vadoris). #PublicSpeaker, #Author of Aurora Award Finalist for Best #YA Nov...

Instagram
Suzy Vadori Author (@suzyvadori) รข€¢ Instagram photos and videos
984 Followers, 1,091 Following, 232 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Suzy Vadori Author (@suzyvadori)

Goodreads - Suzy Vadori
Suzy Vadori
Author of The Fountain and The West Woods

Website - Suzy Vadori




Comments