Inspiration?

That strange feeling when you wake up from a restless sleep and grab a glass of milk before sitting down at the computer to furiously pound out the scene in your head before it completely dissipates. Fingers flying over the keys, typos be damned. That's what spellcheck is for and I can deal with that after coffee. For now I have to get this out. I have to get it all written down. This fabulous narrative that coalesced in my brain and dragged me from my slumber. This story that won't be stopped, it has to be finished and finished now!

All done. Relaxed. Browsing over it to see what needs to be added and make sure it all makes sense. Then it hits me. I write romance novels. Was this inspiration? Or lovely erotic dream? I light a cigarette and realize, it doesn't really matter in the end. My readers will never know.

Comments