Sun Kissed by the Billionaire


It's not often that I get to read a romance novel that is both sweet and spicy. But this one is. It's book two of a series, and it starts out with such a sweet, painful, unselfish act of love that I instantly knew I had to read the first book to see what pushed this woman to such a desperate act.

Even better this book did not take the normal twists. For this couple, life keeps throwing them curve balls. Political intrigue, family drama, unexpected family drama, and it all is so well written and explained that you have no doubt that this could happen. We all know people that have lives that are full of conflict and drama due to families or friends. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. But it's never boring.

The characters, even the minor characters, are so likable and intriguing I found myself rooting for them. I really hope Lizabeth Scott writes more about them so I can get to know them better.

I give this book a solid 5/5. It's got great writing, great characters, great formatting, great editing, great interesting plot.In case you need a recap, it's great and if you like romance or light intrigue you should definitely buy this book.
Because this book was so good I reached out to the author and asked her if she would be willing to do a quick interview with me. And she agreed!




Hello Lizabeth, how are you today? Tell us about yourself.

Hi, Rebekah!
I’m doing great today, thanks. It’s been kinda busy for me. I’m getting ready for a book release and I am so stinkin’ excited! When I get too busy and involved I can forget many things. This morning I had to get to the post office early to mail a birthday present and run a few errands. Later in the day as I walked by a mirror in a store I noticed…I hadn’t even brushed my hair! How do you do that? It’s amazing what a little finger fluffing can do!

Oh, I have been there! I usually pretend, at least to myself, that I'm going for the ruffled look. Or I throw on a flannel and prove that I am over worked and over tired and people tend to swerve around me and not make eye contact. Tell us, what is the current book you are promoting?

Sun Kissed by the Billionaire releases on Sept. 4th. This will be the third book in the Kissed Series and it’s a story of a lot of happy accidents.

What’s with that series name?

Well it all starts with one super nova kinda kiss for each hero and heroine.

Oh that sounds scorchingly hot. I like those kinds of kisses. Who is your favorite character(s) in your book and why?

Do you mean all-time favorite of all my books? You expect me to pick a favorite child? No, huh-huh. Each of my characters are special to me for different reasons. Like Ki, in Sweet Surrender and Sweet Destiny. He was my first. How can you top that? I took every endearing trait I could think of and mashed them into one dreamy guy and he ended up being a king!
Then Nicole in You Promised Me Forever…that entire book was given to me by the universe. Both Nicole and Will and their story came to me and wouldn’t leave me alone! I was in the middle of the Royal Vow Series and they didn’t care that I didn’t have time for them. I wrote it, released it, and the reviews were mixed. Folks either like it or they didn’t. I even contemplated pulling it at one point, that’s how bad some of the reviews were. But I really believed in the story. It wasn’t until a year later that I discovered the reason I wrote that book. I received an email from a reader who loved the story. Something between the pages touched something in her that she needed. She was struggling with some major health issues and I learned later that she lost the battle she’d been bravely fighting. To know that my story gave her even a moment of peace and happiness…the bad reviews suddenly didn’t bother me. She and I loved the book and that was all that mattered.

Fair enough, I won't make you pick a favorite child. But I know there has to be more. You have so many diverse and interesting characters in your books that you MUST be planning books for them. So what's your next project?

My next project will be the next story in the Kissed Series, French Kissed by the Billionaire. OH MY GOSH! This story is such a treat to write. It’s turning out to be a very fun and sexy read. Here is just a small bit of unedited goodness for you:
“But when Raven walked in she found her fiancĂ©e in their bed…” Sharle paused and looked around the restaurant for any eavesdroppers. Seeing no one close she leaned over and whispered into her friend’s ear, “with another woman.”Millie leaned back with her eyes bugging out. “No! You are kidding me.”“Right. And then instead of confronting them, she got in her Beamer and left!” Sharle forked a lettuce leaf and stuffed it into her mouth and chewed while contemplating the situation. She pointed her fork at Millie and used it to emphasize her point. “It served Matteo right. I mean, he had to take care of returning all the wedding gifts and explaining to everyone that since he couldn’t keep it in his pants, the best thing that had ever happened to him, had left his naked and hairy butt practically at the altar.”Millie buttered a roll and placed it lovingly on the side of her plate and sighed.Sharle rolled her eyes, “I don’t know why you do that. You should just eat it.”“Do you know how many calories are in that one little piece of buttered bread? You know I have to fit into my wedding dress in a month. I just like to look at it and pretend it’s going into my mouth. Get back to what happened. I bet Raven was devastated.”
If you’d like more info: http://bit.ly/2wDETZL

And now I find myself hoping I get to do the ARC for that book as well! Tell us more about how you write. Are you a pantser, a plotter, or both?

I’m a total pantser. No matter how badly I want to plot and outline, it just doesn’t happen. I can create a lovely outline but then my characters develop minds of their own and well, there they go.

How do you write your books?

My characters drive the story. I have a general idea of who they are and a basic concept of their story and then I start writing. Sometimes I don’t even see things coming until they leave my fingers and end up on the pages. In Sun Kissed by the Billionaire there is one particular part I didn’t see coming. It even shocked me!

That actually makes me feel good since I'm the same way. I know my people, I know what they are going to do, but I have to write it to find out how they are going to do it and why. How long have you been writing? What got you started being an author?

I’ve been writing and since 2013. I wrote some in school and I had always wanted to try my hand at writing the stories I loved to read but I didn’t have the time. Actually, I was too scared to even try. But through a Facebook friendship with one of my favorite authors, Elizabeth Lennox, I took baby steps and with her mentoring and support/nagging, I surprised myself when I published Sweet Surrender in 2014.

Pretty sure I know this answer now but, what is your favorite genre to read?

Steamy contemporary romance and romantic comedy are my favs.

What do you listen to when you write?

Usually my dog Moxie snoring as sleeps beside me. She’s my writing buddy.

Is there anything you want to say to your fans?

I hope my readers know how much I appreciate each and every one of them.

Bio
Lizabeth spent years doing extensive research in preparation for writing her own stories by reading every romance book from her favorite authors. At least that's how she justifies her HUGE collection of romance books.

Liz grew up on a dairy farm in western North Carolina where she wrote her first story at the age of thirteen and fancied herself a songwriter through her teen years. She married her high school sweetheart and they had 2 super kids. With her children now settled and on their own Liz pulled her dreams of writing back out and that little spark that sizzled for years caught fire and is now roaring back to life.

Liz loves to read and write stories about quirky, endearing heroines and the strong, handsome heroes who love them to distraction. She promises you a few laughs along the way with some steamy and charming moments thrown in but always a happy ever after.

Facebook
Twitter
Website
Pinterest
Instagram
BookBub

How you get me.
You can now receive Liz Scott news for releases, giveaways and special announcements in two different way! You decide what works best for you.
Get me in a NEWSLETTER
OR
Get me in a FACEBOOK MESSAGE

Comments

  1. Awesome interview, Rebekah! I enjoyed "sitting" down with you for a chat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment