Interview with Jenna Greene





Hello, how are you today? Tell us about yourself.”
My name is Jenna Greene and I'm a middle school teacher, avid napper, dragon boat paddler
and coach, and a writer.

What is the current book you are promoting?
I'm promoting an anthology called "The Wicked Truth: Villains Speak Out" which I have a short
story in (a twist on Goldilocks) and the third book in my YA fantasy series which is going to be
released this summer. The first book is called Imagine, the sequel Reality, and the third
Heritage.

Who is your favorite character in your book and why?
I like both main characters in the Imagine series – Becky for her innocence and positivity, and Kat for her spunk.

Who is your least favorite character and why?
I'd have to say Marielle, a ruler who appears in the first book. She assumes everyone has treachery in them and has no qualms about using others in order to gain what she wants.

What inspired this book?
No one inspired the book, but aspects of characters come from people I know.

What is your next project?
I have a new YA book (possibly a series) going to be released this fall.

Are you a pantser or a plotter or both?
Both. Mostly a plotter.

How do you write your books?
In short spurts. I have a busy life. (I'm a teacher, coach, mother, volunteer) So I tend to write a few times a week for a half-hour or so. I put on my writing tiara, which puts me in the "zone". During the summer break I'm able to write for longer stretches of time.

Where do you come up with your stories?
Sometimes they come from a dream. One came from a joke. Others from random places in my head.

Who is your favorite author?
That's like picking a favorite child!

What is one life lesson you have learned as an author?
You can't measure your success against anyone else's. Someone will always be further along in the journey than you. I set my own goals and work toward them, not worrying if someone else has more titles than me, or more exposure, or awards.

Is there anything you hate about being an author?
Usually editing.

What do you love about being an author?
Writing. Creating. Find that "flow". Being surprised by my own characters.

How long have you been writing?
What got you started being an author? I've been writing since first or second grade. A teacher told my parents I had talent, and I believed it.

What is your favorite genre to read?
I'm not sure if YA counts as a genre, but I read a LOT of YA. I love the creativity.

What do you listen to when you write?
Silence.

Is there anything you want to say to your fans?
Hi! (waves)

Comments

Post a Comment