Heidi Angell

Not that kind of angel

If you guys know anything about me, or follow me on Facebook, you know I love Heidi-kith. She is one of my favorite people, favorite author, and just like Joe Compton she is a force of good in the indie author realm. So it is with great pleasure that I welcome her here today! Hello Heidi, how are you today? Tell my followers about yourself.
Hello Rebekah, thank you so much for having me. I am a bibliophile, lexicomaniac, and wordsmith. In other words, I am addicted to books, reading them, writing them, seeing them. I am the author of The Hell School Series, The Hunters Saga, and The Clear Angel Chronicles, which I am actually here to talk to you about today! I have a small addiction to social media, and you can find the link to everything in my life including signing up for my e-newsletter http://bit.ly/2hHAEUh, or joining my Patreon https://www.patreon.com/HeidiAngell , on my website www.heidiangell.com 

What is the current book you are promoting?
I am promoting the re-release of Elements of a Broken Mind, the first book in the Clear Angel Chronicles. We are re-releasing the first two books in preparation for the third book coming out in early 2018. 

That would be this new cover, which I love. And of course I also love this book. Remember folks, have your tissues ready at 46% of the way through.

Who is your favorite character in your book and why?
Ah, so hard! I love them all. But if I had to pick just one? I would have to say, Dr. Anne Hutchins. She’s such a mom and as a mom, I totally relate. 

Who is your least favorite character and why?
Dang, I wasn’t expecting such hard questions right out the gate! Um... Deputy Dip Shit, Er, I mean, Deputy Long. He’s the kind of small-town cop everyone loves to hate. 

Yeah I know just who you are talking about. I found myself hoping he got his comeuppance too. What inspired this book?
A dream, actually. The whole book was a dream I had one night after binge watching Ghost Whisperer with my mom. Then the story just kept growing and here we are working on the third book! 

What is your next project?
Only one? Lol. I am working on releasing a serialized apocalyptic story which my patreon supporters get a chapter a week and then I release the novella on Amazon. Eventually it will all be compiled into one giant journal for physical distribution. It’s pretty cool. 

And of course there is the new show you are doing with one of your biggest fans, me. Where we totally geek out on things. Who is your favorite fictional character and why?
Of all of them? I can’t pick just one. But my favorite fictional character trope are the kick ass girls like Hermione from HP, Riatha of Eye of the Hunter, and my own Fury from The Hunters Saga. I am a big fan of no-nonsense get it done gals. 

Are you a pantser or a plotter or both?
Um, I always know the beginning, middle, and end of each story. Sometimes that’s as far as I get to plotting, and often it isn’t written down, so kind of a pantser?

That's how I write too so I totally get that. How do you write your books?
I am a beginning to end kind of person. I write it like I would want to read it. 

I like asking that question because the way people answer it reveals so much to me about how they think. Who inspires your writing?
All the amazing authors I read all the time. I share reviews for them on my blog https://www.heidiangell.com/blog because they really do inspire me. 

Where do you come up with your stories?
Some pretty bizarre places. As I said, Clear Angel Chronicles started as a dream. The Hunters Saga was kind of a kick back to Twilight. I worked in retail in movies at the time, and my husband and brother worked at the local mall. We all had a certain resentment for sparkling vampires, and I thought “What would we do in this situation?” and it just evolved from there. Hell School series is actually based on my personal experience being stalked in high school. Survivalist Bible was born from my obsession of everything Zombie. 

Well you've certainly written a lot of them. And different genres too. Here's a quick preview for everyone of what she has written.

Who is your favorite author?
I couldn’t even pick a top ten list. Seriously, go visit my blog. I read SO MANY amazing authors. 

What is one great lesson you have learned as a writer?
It is an unbelievable amount of work. I’m reminded of the adage “Overnight successes take 5 years to make.” 

What is one thing you hate about being a writer?
The money. There is so much pressure to make money. We all need it to live, right? But if I had a million dollars, I don’t think I would do too much different, except not stress about the money. Lol. 

What is one thing you love about being an author?
Reading reviews. I know, most authors don’t read them, and many say not to respond, but I love them. When someone gets it, it’s like meeting a best friend. When I get criticism it helps me improve. 

Tell us something unique about you.
I have dissociative dyslexia, which is a nightmare when working with numbers. I’m always transposing them. 

I did not know that! Wow, that has to be rough. What is your favorite genre to read?
Good LORD, again with the hard questions! Lol. Seriously, I haven’t met a genre that I didn’t like. It really just depends on my mood. My staples would be fantasy, science fiction, thrillers and horror, but I also enjoy historical fiction, adventure, and poetry. 
Ok I'll stop pestering her, for today, on my blog only. This does not guarantee I won't pester you other places today of course. It is one of my favorite past times now. Cause I pester our of love. If you guys want to pester her you can check her out on her social media listed below. And if you haven't gotten it yet, check out her books. Or you can read the reviews I did for her books on here.  I covered Elements of a Broken Mind, where I fell in love with Clear, and Angel's Dance, where I fell in love with Grant a little. Just a little. He still needs to clean up his act a bit.

Heidi Angell
Join An Angell's Life of Bookish Goodness on Patreon now!
Learn more at HeidiAngell.com

Comments